Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Enrico's Turkish Delight

I just heard some wonderful news from my friend Enrico. I met Enrico at Anglo American, the flight school I trained at. He was the instructor of my friend Matt. He's one of those people who has a heart of gold, is fantastically funny and has one of the most espressive faces I've ever come across.

Enrico left for Turkey just before Christmas to begin training in the B737. He has his commercial licence, but no type rating. And without a rating, no airline would touch him. However, he heard about a place in Turkey where for €30,000 and change he could get his type rating AND maybe be offered a job at the end of it.

The good news then??? Well, he's can now consider himself a 737 driver and will head off to Germany soon to begin line training with the Turkish sponsoring airline. So he'll soon be flying high above on a daily basis, doing what he does best.....flying. I jokingly told him his English has gotten worse since going to Turkey. I hope it doesn't get even worse when he goes to Germany.

Blue Skies Enrico.....and whenever you've got a spare jumpseat, I'm sure Matt and I will be happy to take it ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I echo you comments PP.

Although I did teach him a few thing or two......

Sqdr Ldr